Our vision is for all of our students to become happy, healthy, empowered and included adults, who participate in, and contribute towards society. To enable our students to be happy and active citizens we have created a curriculum underpinned by our four areas for development:
- Wellbeing – physical, social, and emotional
Our Mission: We are a warm, caring, inclusive and supportive community providing personalised learning opportunities for children and young people.
- A collaborative team including Teachers, Speech and Language Therapists, Support Staff and Occupational Therapists devise a learning pathway for every student.
- Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy are integrated into all aspects of the curriculum. Therapists work closely with students, parents, class teachers, support assistants and external agencies to provide a whole school approach to ensuring the pupils achieve their full potential both at school and in their life beyond school.
- The School Curriculum includes work with the therapy team, travel training, enterprise activities, work related learning, independence and self-help skills, FE College Link courses, work experience and learning outside the classroom activities.
- Every pupil has termly IEP targets which are monitored and reviewed by our multi-disciplinary team.
- Progress reports are sent home three times a year as well as a summary report which are provided for every curriculum area at the end of the year.
- A calm and positive environment, with minimal distractions to maintain confident participation in lessons and school events is maintained throughout the school.