See below the Admissions Criteria for young people joining The Link Secondary School.
- The child/young person should have a statement or EHCP which has SLCN as a primary need or:
- The child/young person should have a statement or EHCP which has ASD as a primary need with SLCN as a secondary need.
- The speech, language and communication need will be significant enough to prevent the child/young person from learning in a mainstream educational context.
- Any other need such as hearing impairment, physical disability or emotional and behavioural disorder will be secondary to the language and communication impairment and will not be acute.
- The child/young person will require an education programme delivered in a structured environment in which language and communication development forms an integral part.
- The child/young person will require speech and language therapy intervention delivered through a variety of forms such as whole school approaches, small groups and / or one to one therapy.
- The child/young person will be able to work independently for a short time within the small classroom setting.
- The child/young person will be independent in basic self-care skills (i.e. dressing and toileting)