Closing Date: 07/05/2020
To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
• An understanding/knowledge and experience of working with children with special needs, particularly those with Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC)
• An ability to teach Maths across all Key Stages
• Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
• An energetic and enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
• A friendly and professional manner
• Hold a recognised full teaching qualification such as QTS or be willing to undergo teacher training in line with current regulations
• An understanding of alternative and therapeutic interventions for student progression
• Innovation and competence in utilising resources to provide a stimulating learning environment
• Commitment to achieving the highest possible standards for all learners with a proven record of enabling learners to fulfil their potential
The Link Secondary School is a vibrant, diverse, Special School for children with a primary need of Speech, Language and Communication or with a diagnosis on the Autistic Spectrum. Many of our students have associated learning difficulties including Dyslexia and Dyspraxia, and often present with high levels of anxiety.
We are committed to providing our students with an outstanding education. Improving opportunities and outcomes for our students is at the heart of all that we do. We believe that all young people deserve to leave education confident that they have developed the skills they need to achieve their ambitions, with meaningful education, work and life experiences to draw on.
The school’s vision of Independence, Communication, Wellbeing and Achievement for all is integral to our work. We work in partnership with parents and carers, and with the wider community, to prepare our students for their future lives.
For more information please contact Sandy Turner on 0208 688 5239 or email email@example.com
To apply for the role please download an application form. Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: 7th May 12pm
Interview Date: w/c 11th May 2020
The Link School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to a health check and an enhanced DBS disclosure.